Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day Four..

I am grateful to not hear any bangs. I pray to not let any of Bibi's legs be blown off. When i reached her and Yusuf i decide that there is only one thing to do. After convincing her,I slide my foot onto the mine as she slowly slides hers off. We hold each other tightly to see what happens. Nothing; the mine does not explode. Like he was told Yusuf takes Bibi home. Bibi gives me a hug and then hurries off with Yusof.
After awhile, i hear her yelling my name and see her running towards me. "I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU!" To my horror, she flings her arms around me and burries her face in my chest! We sway! We totter! WE FALL! We were clinging to each other screaming our heads off before we realised that we were not dead. The metal plate on the mine had not flippped! I take Bibi in her arm and drag her towards the village feeling so faint, sick and dizzy. WE SURVIVED!!