Many people are throwing up but Bibi and I seem fine. Two sailors were dishing out up from a metal pot and giving them to people like us who have been in the queue for ages. The person infront of us was completely covered with a dark blanket. When the person held out their hands for the soup i realised that her blanket was very close to the gas flame under the pot and the flame caught its edge! I shout 'FIRE!' and drag the blanket of the person and fling it onto the deck and jump on it. Bibi helps me. After i put out the fire and turn to hand it over to the person i get the shock out of my life. It was a teenage girl wearing shorts and t-shirt, Her limbs were bare and she was wearing makeup! She thanks me and turns to the sailor and helds out a tin. However, the sailor shouts at her in a language i don understand but i know that he means that she doesn't get any food. Before she opens her mouth to protest, he waves her away. Bibi told him that it was unfair as she did not start the fire. I take a step forward too.
Then the teenager grabs my hand and says that is wan't worth it. "I bet they didn't wash their hands before opening the soup packet," she says
I like her already...